Problem Description :
Virtual Machine Manager 2012 R2 may show CPU Average of Virtual Machines [VM’s] as 0 % percent. This problem can caused by the Hyper-V Nodes, VM’s and also from the VMM Server itself therefore to not spend to much time with troubleshooting this problem I would suggest to rebuild the base performance counters on all parties.
Rebuild the base performance counters on all parties.
a) Hyper-V Nodes.
b) Inside the VM’s.
c) On the VMM Server.
Basically open a command prompt window as administrator and follow the steps below.
1) Rebuilding the counters :
2) Resyncing the counters with Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) :
3) Stop and restart the Performance Logs and Alerts service.
4) Stop and restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service.
5) After rebuilding the base performance counters and restarting the services somtimes it doesn’t get fixed. Under these circumstances a restart of the Hyper-V Nodes, VM’s and VMM Server can be required.
Good luck !